Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

attention to McCulloch owners

05-24-05, 11:09 PM   #1  

The McCulloch Co. filed bankruptcy in 1/99. The parts inventory was sold at auction in 6/99.Many of the parts for their electric products were hard to get before they went out of business and are no longer available. Many parts for gas chain saws, produced before 1980, were no longer available before they went out of business and are no longer available. Most parts for the Titan saws are no longer available. Parts for the generators are no longer available.

I post this because I get so many calls to repair this stuff.
(Sears Canada sold them for 3 years--late 90's)
S/T

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-25-05, 02:22 PM   #2  
rtidrow

Posted By: supertech The McCulloch Co. filed bankruptcy in 1/99. The parts inventory was sold at auction in 6/99.Many of the parts for their electric products were hard to get before they went out of business and are no longer available. Many parts for gas chain saws, produced before 1980, were no longer available before they went out of business and are no longer available. Most parts for the Titan saws are no longer available. Parts for the generators are no longer available.

I post this because I get so many calls to repair this stuff.
(Sears Canada sold them for 3 years--late 90's)
S/T
He's exactly right. I have a six month old McCulloch chain saw that does not start (doesn't seem to get any spark to the spark plug). No one wants to service it since they cannot get parts for it. I guess I'll have to hunt around for parts myself.

IA

05-26-05, 10:33 AM   #3  
Re: McCulloch Owners

If anyone finds parts for an electric chain saw,leave place where they are at?
Got the deal of a life time HA HA!!! Elderly gent was going to nursing home and selling off house-hold goods! Chain turns BUT won't cut, dismantled it and found large gear on motor was slightly stripped. Edges of gear are turned over slightly. IF I can find parts will use or sell it!
TIA
T.J. Terry

Search this Thread