Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs and Stratton

05-26-05, 01:51 PM   #1  
Briggs and Stratton

Hello, I have a problem with my murray 22 inch push mower. It is powered by a Briggs and Stratton 3.75 HP motor with a throttle free design. It starts on the first or second pull, it is full of gas, the oil is ok, and the filter is clean. Yet, when it starts and is running, the engine goes from high rpm to low rpm, high to low, high to low etc, etc,. There are no carb adjustments that I can find, and if I could, I would not know what to do anyway. This machine is only about 3 years old. Can anyone HELP. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

NY

05-26-05, 02:46 PM   #2  
Briggs diaphragm kit, part # 495770, will take care of this trouble. You will have to remove the tank/carburetor assembly and then the carburetor from the tank in order to replace the diaph. & gasket...Easy job for even the mechanically challenged. Compressed air will be a plus if you have it but not necessarily absolutely needed. Play it by ear once you remove such and inspect.

Search this Thread