Craftsman Self Prop Mower Belt Replacement

Old 05-28-05, 02:24 PM
Rich742
Visiting Guest
Craftsman Self Prop Mower Belt Replacement

Sears Craftsman Self-Propelled Push Mower-the drive belt is very loose. I have the belt off the small pulley (over the left front wheel) but I cannot figure out how to get it off the main verticle shaft coming out of the engine. Does anyone have any knowledge on this. I need to find a free online manual, if anyone knows a website where this might be. Thank you.

Old 05-28-05, 02:38 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm in the exact same situation - I need to replace the belt and I need a manual. Replies would be doubly appreciated!

Old 05-28-05, 03:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Disconnect And Remove Spark Plug /tie Closed The Safety Arm // Tip Mower Carb Side Up... Remove Blade... Belt Shld Come Right Off.. To Re-install... Put Belt On Self-prop Side First Then Over Motor Shaft... While Guiding Belt Over Motor Pulley Pull Slowley The Starter Rope And Belt Will Pop Back On .. Reinstall Blade...And Plug

Old 05-28-05, 10:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
www3.sears.com has exploded views and information on their site. Just type in your model#.

Old 05-30-05, 06:35 AM
Rich742
Visiting Guest
Thank you and have a safe Memorial Day

Thanks again. I was able to get the belt off after I figured out how to get the plastic shield off the bottom of the mower. Mine is a 1986 model, the new models are designed much different. Have a good holiday, stay safe.
Thanks to all those who have served, and are serving, and their families. And thank the Lord for those who gave their lives for the defense of this country and keeping that hope alive for others living under suppressive leaders.

Rich742 USN and USA retired

Old 05-30-05, 10:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Glad you got it! And ditto the rest

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: