Primer bulb doesn't hold gas

Old 05-28-05, 09:47 PM
Retired134
Visiting Guest
Primer bulb doesn't hold gas

undefined I have a Craftsman gas weedwacker model # 358.798550. When I try to prime the trimmer, the gas does not stay in the bulb anymore and the engine will not start. I don't know that much about gas engines but I'm trying to repair this on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-05, 10:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you saying the fuel leaks out of the bulb? Like a hole in the bulb? Does it pump gas into the bulb at all?

Old 05-28-05, 11:56 PM
Retired134
Visiting Guest
Primer bulb probelm

As far as I can tell, there isn't a hole in the bulb. There isn't any gas leaking out. I can only get a very small amount of gas into the bulb. After getting this small amount into the bulb, some gas stays in and some gas leaves the bulb. The gas does not leak out of the bulb or the base of the bulb.

Old 05-29-05, 09:46 AM
Your gona have eighter a hole in one of the fuel lines or the lines are crossed (in the wrong place on the carburetor).The bulb itself might even have a hole in it.Something is sucking air,that's not supposed to.

Old 05-30-05, 10:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Keep in mind that the bulb may not fill completely with gas anyway. When you push the bulb, does it return to the original position immediately?