Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Primer bulb doesn't hold gas

Visiting Guest

05-28-05, 09:47 PM   #1  
Retired134
Primer bulb doesn't hold gas

undefined I have a Craftsman gas weedwacker model # 358.798550. When I try to prime the trimmer, the gas does not stay in the bulb anymore and the engine will not start. I don't know that much about gas engines but I'm trying to repair this on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-28-05, 10:44 PM   #2  
Are you saying the fuel leaks out of the bulb? Like a hole in the bulb? Does it pump gas into the bulb at all?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

05-28-05, 11:56 PM   #3  
Retired134
Primer bulb probelm

As far as I can tell, there isn't a hole in the bulb. There isn't any gas leaking out. I can only get a very small amount of gas into the bulb. After getting this small amount into the bulb, some gas stays in and some gas leaves the bulb. The gas does not leak out of the bulb or the base of the bulb.

AL

05-29-05, 09:46 AM   #4  
Your gona have eighter a hole in one of the fuel lines or the lines are crossed (in the wrong place on the carburetor).The bulb itself might even have a hole in it.Something is sucking air,that's not supposed to.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-30-05, 10:33 PM   #5  
Keep in mind that the bulb may not fill completely with gas anyway. When you push the bulb, does it return to the original position immediately?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread