Portable Lincoln welder

Old 05-30-05, 11:43 AM
Portable Lincoln welder

I was given a Lincoln portable welding machine...the only thing, I can't find any numbers on the engine anywhere. It appears to be a pretty good size engine (probably 10 - 15 HP). Its a horizontal Kohler engine, electric start, Walbro carburetor (on the left hand side). It has breaker points on the left bottom on the PTO end and it's an "L" head engine. I know this isn't much information but I am just grasping at straws. Does anyone have an educated guess as to what model it might be.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-05, 03:21 PM
The engine also has a fuel pump on the lower left side...under the carburetor.

Old 05-30-05, 09:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hi Jack B.!

Hard to guess, there's so many it could be. Maybe a K301S? That's a single cylinder electric start 12hp flathead from the early '80s with breaker point ignition. Fairly common (or they were at one time). It sounds like a K series Kohler anyway. A K241 would be a 10hp, K321 is 14hp, and K341 is 16hp, if that helps. They are built similarly. The engine probably has a tapered crankshaft, so a G might be added to the end of the model # to designate that. That shouldn't matter though, for ordering parts, unless you're ordering a crank. Since it has an electric starter, it will have an S at the end of the model#, which is also not important unless ordering electrical or starting related parts.

I hope that helps!