Toro Riding mower issues

Old 05-30-05, 03:14 PM
Lacey
Visiting Guest
Toro Riding mower issues

I have a Toro wheel horse riding mower. Last week the mower was running fine, this week the mower does not work. When I turn the key the mower makes a whine noise. It's hard to describe the noise, keep your mouth closed and say nnnnnnnnnnn, and that's what it kind of sounds like. I thought the battery might of died so I bought a new one--no change. The air filter looks fine. I replaced all 3 fuses, still no change. Is this at all possible the starter? I'm not a mower expert by any means and I have no problem taking it somewhere. If it could be something else that I could change, I would rather try that first. I have read several posts and I am determining if any of it applies to my case. I will continue reading while I wait for a reply.
Thanks for any help.
Lacey

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-05, 04:27 PM
Lacey
Visiting Guest
Solved

My husband and I went out and started tinkering with the mower. We took off a housing piece on the right side of the mower. There were two cogs that weren't connected. My husband lifted the one cog to connect it and started it right up. Looks like a spring may be bad. Just thought I would post that it was solved as to not waste anyone's time. I know time is valuable!
Thanks
Lacey

Old 05-30-05, 09:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the update, glad you got it solved!