Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Simplicity 3510 not starting

Visiting Guest

05-31-05, 08:01 AM   #1  
Littleben
Simplicity 3510 not starting

I'm a rookie when it comes to this stuff. Wife was cutting grass. Tractor started to sputter like it was running out of gas. Still had some gas but she added more. Now it won't start. Checked fuel line and she's getting gas. Put in new spark plug. I think she's sparking 'cause for some reason the wife tried wiggling the wire and jumped pretty good when she got a shock. A buddy of mine mentioned a coil problem. She' cranks and cranks but just don't fire. Can I check the coil for something. And if so......where the hell is the coil? I tried looking online for a manual but no luck.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-31-05, 10:29 AM   #2  
cymer
Not starting

I'm not big on htis stuff myself, however I had a similar problem with my Murry rider. I replaced the fuel filter and it started fine.

Visiting Guest

05-31-05, 10:52 AM   #3  
Littleben
Posted By: cymer I'm not big on htis stuff myself, however I had a similar problem with my Murry rider. I replaced the fuel filter and it started fine.
Yea, I thought of that too. When I removed the fuel line from the motor end, gas came pouring out.....through the filter so I don't think it's clogging at all.

05-31-05, 12:27 PM   #4  
Put a tablespoon of gas in the spark plug hole and replace the plug. Then see if it fires. If it fires then it most likely its a fuel problem.(Dirt in Carb maybe) It if doesn't fire may be a ignition problem coil, plug, points(if it has them).

Visiting Guest

05-31-05, 01:59 PM   #5  
Littleben
Posted By: waterdowg Put a tablespoon of gas in the spark plug hole and replace the plug. Then see if it fires. If it fires then it most likely its a fuel problem.(Dirt in Carb maybe) It if doesn't fire may be a ignition problem coil, plug, points(if it has them).

I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks for the input.

Search this Thread