Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman 32cc weeder model 79158 not starting

Visiting Guest

06-04-05, 10:17 AM   #1  
jreyn
Craftsman 32cc weeder model 79158 not starting

I don't have a manual and not particularly engine oriented. I use it in a sandy area, when it ever does start a cloud of oil seems to rush out and it quits running frequently although can usually re-start with difficulty. I cannot get it started now. I replaced plug, sprayed staring fluid, primed and pulled. Engaged the throttle and tried w/o engaging throttle; opened gas cover to let air in and then with it tight.

Primer bulb has air bubbles in it after depressed; I can see fuel going through the line when I depress the primer bulb.

If you have suggestions, will need to know specifics i.e. where are the screws for adjusting mixture. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links

PA

06-04-05, 11:55 AM   #2  
is your mixture 40-1 and change plug......

Visiting Guest

06-04-05, 12:02 PM   #3  
jreyn
Plug is changed. Not sure on ratio, liquid in tank seems blue/green. Finally started w/o throttle engaged, choke on low. When depress throttle, dies out.
Where are screws to adjust mixture? (see a yellow/orange plastic part that may be mixture screw?)

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-07-05, 12:04 AM   #4  
Yep, that's the mixture screw. Sounds like a carb problem to me.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread