primer bulb on weed trimmer

Old 06-10-05, 08:48 PM
mjwojo
Visiting Guest
Question primer bulb on weed trimmer

Just had to tear down my poulan weed trimmer, what a nightmare!!! after getting the correct parts, new pull rope and primer bulb I have it almost put back together BUT.... cant remember how the fuel lines hook up to primer. This primer has 2 ports, a longer one and a short one, can anyone tell me which line goes where and from where. Thank you so much for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-05, 07:39 AM
I've got an older Homelite trimmer that I just replaced most of the fuel system on (talk about hard to find parts!). I ran into the same problem since I usually dig in right away thinking I'll remember where things go, but a month later when I get to putting it back together I find my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Here's what I found.....the parts guy told me the end withought the fuel filter in the tank goes to the primer bulb. I found out which line it was by pressing the bulb while plugging one of the ports with my finger. The one that had suction created while pressing the bulb was where I connected the line without the filter. The other port goes to the carb and should be connected to the line with the fuel filter. After I figured out which went where, I realized the orientation of the ports gave it away as well (the port deeper into the carb was attached to the line with the fuel filter). I hope this helps.

-schaapj

Old 06-11-05, 08:50 PM
mjwojo
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up primer bulb on weed trimmet

SCHAAP....... THANK YOU!!!!!!! your answer helps a bunch, you are right about finding parts...takes forever. I also jump into things with both feet thinking I will remember....BIG MISTAKE!!!! Thank goodness there are forums like this one to help feeble minded folk like me. Thanks again for the help, gotta go...there is a 1980 kawasaki in my barn thats beggin to be "fixed up"....... here we go again WOJO

Old 06-11-05, 08:54 PM
mjwojo
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by mjwojo
SCHAAP....... THANK YOU!!!!!!! your answer helps a bunch, you are right about finding parts...takes forever. I also jump into things with both feet thinking I will remember....BIG MISTAKE!!!! Thank goodness there are forums like this one to help feeble minded folk like me. Thanks again for the help, gotta go...there is a 1980 kawasaki in my barn thats beggin to be "fixed up"....... here we go again WOJO
I might not be as good as I once was but Im as good once as I ever was

Old 06-12-05, 02:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Actually, schaapj got it mixed up. When you press the primer bulb, the one that pushes air out is the one to connect to the line without the filter. The one that sucks air in when you release the primer is the one that goes to the line with the filter.

Old 06-12-05, 09:18 PM
mjwojo
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up primer bulb on weed eater

CHEESE.....Thanks!!!! I was wondering why the primer bulb did not fill up with fuel

Old 06-12-05, 10:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Anytime!

Old 06-13-05, 10:35 AM
sorry about that, guess I should stick to messing up my own toys

-schaapj

Old 06-13-05, 11:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No problem schaapj. You're welcome to post any helpful advie you like anytime. And if you get the details mixed up, someone will catch it. I get em mixed up sometimes too.