Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lawn Mower Problem

Visiting Guest

06-12-05, 01:21 PM   #1  
jaeger2002
Lawn Mower Problem

I just finished cleaning out the fuel tank and lines, and the air filter and got the mower running. However after mowing half of my front yard I heard something metal break or unscrew inside the motor and it died on me. Now whenever I pull the starting cable, it just whirrs and will not kick over. If anyone has any suggestions of what could be the problem I would sincerely appreciate it.

It is a Murray 20 mower with a Briggs and Stratton 3.5 HP motor. I have to go to work right now, but was hoping to fix it tonight after I get off of work that way I can finish mowing the grass tomorrow as it looks really terrible with only half of it finished. Thanks for all of your assistance.

Bill Laster

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-12-05, 10:49 PM   #2  
Hello Bill!

Sorry to say, but I think you've blown the engine. (broke a connecting rod). Was the oil low and or black? You can remove the head to verify whether or not the piston is moving back and forth.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread