WeedEater Mower will not start.

Old 06-15-05, 11:41 AM
Hunter23
Visiting Guest
WeedEater Mower will not start.

Any help here would be appreciated. I have a WeedEater Model number WE12536A riding Lawn Mower with a B&S 12.5 HP Engine. Roommate was mowing lawn and "mower died". Did not hit any obstructions.

Engine clicks with clutch engaged and key is turned. 12 volts found at battery and solenoid. When key is engaged, voltage drops off to 9 volts but solenoid engages. Jumped from car to ensure system was charged, same results after 15 to 20 minutes of "charging". Monitored voltage at starter when key is engaged, voltage is seen at starter. Removed starter from mower, starter spins when key is engaged. Unsure how difficult flywheel should be to turn, but could move roughly 2 teeth distance when applying pressure to flywheel. Replaced starter, same symptoms.

Please advise, thanks for your time.

Old 06-15-05, 06:07 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
not starting

Does it have oil in it? Soundsa like it seized. 12 V is sometimes not enough--boost it with a car.

S/T

Old 06-15-05, 07:38 PM
Hunter23
Visiting Guest
There's oil in it yes, and yes I have tried jumping it witha car, no luck there. Going to try removing sparkplug and seeing if I can get the engine to turn over next.

Old 06-15-05, 11:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
You're on the right track...remove the plug and try again. Sounds like the engine is siezed.

supertech, Jumping it with a car battery won't provide any more voltage. A car is 12 volts too. If an engine won't start with 12 volts, then something is wrong.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: