Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mower engines are burping gas

NC

06-19-05, 11:17 AM   #1  
Mower engines are burping gas

I have two pieces of equipment.
One is a mower that was errently filled with diesel fuel. The fuel was drained and gas put in. No the mower blow raw gas (lots) out of the air intake while it's running. Is it worth taking to my fix-it guy or should I start over?
I have a yard vac that runs rough and spits a tad of gas out the air intake too.
What causes this symptom whether much or little.
It's ok to talk tech. I understand engine talk.

Sponsored Links

NY

06-20-05, 03:29 AM   #2  
The diesel filled engine will need a carburetor reconditioning and the fuel out the intake indicates a problem with the intake valve clearance whereas it is not sealing fully and allowing gas to be sent back through on the compression stroke.

NC

06-20-05, 11:52 AM   #3  
Ouch!

Intake valve problems......I hope not.
It's a new mower other than the mistake with the fuel. I bought it from Wally World last year and never really messed with it right away. It was from a scratch and dent sale, to become a quick job mower for around the property.

I'll get you some numbers and maybe you can let me know if I can do the recon myself, like for the other fellow in here.

Search this Thread