Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda Harmony Starts & Stops

06-22-05, 01:44 AM   #1  
Honda Harmony Starts & Stops

Cheese & All: Had a call from an elderly gentleman this AM saying he has a Honda 13hp Harmony Rider (Thats all the info I have??). It starts and immediately shuts down. Since I know nothing about Honda engines is this a typical problem with Honda's that might have an easy solution? If not my next questions would be; Does this model have an on/off valve for fuel?, is the gas filter easy to see and access for replacement, is there a fuel pump that has a diaphraam like a briggs that probably needs replacing and finally, is the carburator easy to get to and take off for cleaning and/or rebuilding?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-23-05, 02:29 AM   #2  
Hello Ron!

I don't recall where the fuel filter is on that mower. It should have a fuel shutoff though. The carb is easy enough to remove and recon. And no fuel pump unless the fuel tank is lower than the carb.

Check fuel flow and for water/trash in the bowl first. If this comes up fruitless, then chek the ignition and wiring. First spot that comes to mind if this is a rear-engine mower is the area under the seat. There are wires that run under that area and seem to like to get pinched and short there. This, being a 13hp, is probably not a rear engine though and if it's a tractor style, I don't see enough of them to know off the top of my head how they are arranged. Hondas are good engines and not too hard to work on. Just treat it as any other engine. Nothing out of the ordinary. (get your metric tools out).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-24-05, 03:13 AM   #3  
Works Again

Good morning All!

Cheese, I forwarded your suggestion to George. He called last night to say that it worked. The engine is continuning to run and it is running well! He was really excited! You know how it is when you work on it YOURSELF and it WORKS. As always thanks so much! I hope business is great and you and your friend are still speaking (HA!). Thx, Ron

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-24-05, 10:06 PM   #4  
Great! What did he find wrong?

Business is better than ever, and despite the old saying, we're still tight. (the old saying, the best way to lose a friend is to go into business with him). I considered that, but we communicate well and we've been working together for years anyway, so we'll be fine.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread