Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Question on pressure washer quick connect fittings/nipples

06-27-05, 03:55 PM   #1  
Question on pressure washer quick connect fittings/nipples

Rookie questions! I bought a used gasoline powered pressure washer, and I think the quick connect fittings need to be replaced because they are very stiff and hard to use. The couplers are brass; some of the male end fittings look like brass and some are steel. Is the difference between brass and steel important in this application? (The body of the pump is brass...I always thought that having dissimilar metals touch one another was supposedly a bad idea.) Aside from matching the size, are all these connectors basically the same or are there differences that are not obvious to the untrained eye? Thanks for any help out there.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-05, 12:12 AM   #2  
You can use the different metals, no problem. I would suggest spraying the ones you have with a good penetrating oil first, and work them a bit to see if they free up.

I am not familiar with any style differences in these connectors, but I'm sure there probably are differences.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread