Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Tiller Part Question

opnsgreg's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

07-02-05, 02:19 PM   #1  
Craftsman Tiller Part Question


I have a Craftsman small tiller / cultivator, part number 536.797502. The tines are not spinning anymore, and I diagnosed it as a stripped gear on the shaft that the tines attached to (I took the transmission assembly apart; it's obvious!) Problem is, Sears only sells the whole assembly (part 740060/1) for more than what I paid for the tiller (used). I called Sears to verify they don't sell tranny parts; they don't.

If anyone can point me to a supplier that sells individual parts, specifically the tine shaft with the gear, I would greatly appreciate it!


Sponsored Links
cheese's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator

Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 16,574

07-06-05, 12:02 AM   #2  
Sorry Greg, I don't know where the parts would be available from. I believe this is a murray product, so you might have some success dealing with them?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

fireators's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1

05-09-09, 02:28 PM   #3  
Tine drive shaft and gear.

Just ordered this from Sears Direct Parts.

The following items from order #W732925 you placed on 05/02/2009 have shipped.

$75.23In stock


Shaft/gear-l, Part #56159MA | Lawn & Garden/Yard/Farm | SearsPartsDirect.com

Search this Thread