Craftsman Highwheel Weedtrimmer Won't Start

Old 07-04-05, 01:28 AM
Craftsman Highwheel Weedtrimmer Won't Start

My Craftsman 5.0 hp Highwheel Weedtrimmer, Model 536.77350 will not start. I have cleaned out the carbuerator bowl, checked the gas line, installed new gas, removed the air filter and they all appear okay.

On a prior occasion when it would not start, I found that the ground wire on the control bracket had come off and therefore it was not making a complete circuit and would not start. I reconnected the wire and it started immediately. A year later, I am trying to start it up again without success. I don't believe I am getting a spark.

I removed the spark plug from the engine, left it connected placed it next to metal, pulled on the rope, saw no spark. I think it may either be that the ground wire on the control bracket is not making a good connection or I have a bad coil. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to determine whether I have a bad coil. Any other suggestions.

Thank you,

okgat

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-05, 11:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
To check the coil remove the green wire that is plugged onto the coil and check for spark using a known good spark plug. If you still have no spark, the coil is bad.

Old 07-06-05, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by cheese
To check the coil remove the green wire that is plugged onto the coil and check for spark using a known good spark plug. If you still have no spark, the coil is bad.
Thank you for your assistance. I will give that a try.