Pressure Washer question

Old 07-11-05, 06:19 PM
r&thome
Visiting Guest
Pressure Washer question

I am in the market for a pressure washer and was wondering if the GPM spec on them would matter since I have a well which does not put out the greatest pressure in the world. If I buy one that has a GPM greater than my well can put out will it cause stall problems?

Any suggestions on brands/engines or what to stay away from? Lookin in the $250 to $350 range.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-05, 12:32 PM
Yes it will.Ya see if you have the engine running and there is no water flowing into the pump,or it's useing the water at a greater rate as it's being repleanished it will burn the pump up.

Old 07-13-05, 01:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You don't want to buy a washer that pumps more gpm than your well can provide. I would go at least 20% less then the available gpm from your well. For the price you have in mind, you are pretty limited as to getting anything with much quality. I think I would suggest getting an electric pressure washer instead of a lower end gas model.

Old 07-13-05, 06:44 AM
r&thome
Visiting Guest
Pressure Washer

What are the pro's and cons of electric vs. gas? Don't the gas models provide greater pressure? How much should I spend on each for a quality washer?

Thanks,
Rick

Old 07-14-05, 01:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The pressure really has nothing to do with whether it's gas or electric. Generally, the department store and box store units will be lower pressures with the electric models just because they don't usually sell nice electric washers. As a rule of thumb, if the engine is mounted above the pump, you probably won't get reliable service out of it after a couple/few years. Better pressure washers usually have honda engines, and run over the $500 mark. Most of these will come with cat pumps, or annovi reverberi pumps.

I don't know what the better electric models cost. I don't service them or deal with them since we only work on gas/diesel engines at my shop. I have seen some nicer ones out there. I own an old john deere electric pressure washer that is very nice, but I don't think they offer one anymore.