Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Removing mower from John Deere LT190

07-14-05, 07:31 AM   #1  
Removing mower from John Deere LT190

Hello,

Any there any "secrets" out there on how to make this process any easier? It's a HUGE pain to try to get the J-pins pulled and rotated out. I put wood blocks under each side of the mower deck (like the manual recommends) but it usually takes me like 50 tries before I can get each one of them off. Is there a tool perhaps you recommend?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

PA

07-15-05, 04:14 PM   #2  
Hi there,
Did my trick of using a rope threaded thru the "J" pins and giving a sharp pull work for you. (I saw your question on another forum)

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-16-05, 02:31 AM   #3  
If it still wants to be stubborn with the rope trick that Bontai Joe mentioned (nice trick)...have someone work the rasie/lower arm up and down while you pull the rope. This should let the pins work out easily.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

09-26-06, 01:20 PM   #4  
Posted By: bontai Joe Hi there,
Did my trick of using a rope threaded thru the "J" pins and giving a sharp pull work for you. (I saw your question on another forum)
Worked like a charm...thanks!

PA

09-28-06, 07:30 AM   #5  
Glad to hear that my "trick" worked for you. In my lifetime, I've learned a lot of stuff from a lot of quite different people. Educated skilled craftsmen taught me how to use tools like micrometers, reamers, borescopes and the like. Self taught tradespeople and farmers taught me how to use "other" things because it was readily available off the workbench and didn't require a trip to town for a special tool. And my grandmother taught me a lot of depression era ways to make something out of nothing. It's all useful stuff to know.

Search this Thread