Lawn Boy Mower Problems

Old 07-19-05, 05:05 PM
Lawn Boy Mower Problems

Tonight, I was cutting my grass and it seems like that my Lawn Boy mower tries to take control of me. It will go forward by itself without me pushing it. I don't even have the self-prepelled handle activated as well when this happens. And I am also having a hard time pulling it back while it is on as well. A few years ago, it had a similar issue and a belt of some sort had to be replaced to fix it. It is also low on oil as well and I don't know if it's causing a problem as well. What could I do to fix this issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-05, 06:30 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
When the lever is released check the cable for slack. If the cable has slack, what ever is activates is not releasing. The cable could be sticking inside the conduit. A return spring may have come off. Possibly some debris or accumulated grass keeping an arm or lever from returning. If you have an engine brake or clutch it could be worn pads, assy, or cable adjustment.

You should fill the oil as directed in the owners manual. Low oil should not cause the symptoms you describe.

Old 07-19-05, 08:16 PM
This is not a riding lawn mower you know.

Old 07-20-05, 06:12 AM
These tranny's are notorious for debris build-up in the actuating arm going into the tranny (the arm which the control cable attaches to). Blowing such out with compressed air usually takes care of the problem.

Old 07-20-05, 07:40 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by pcdoctor
Tonight, I was cutting my grass and it seems like that my Lawn Boy mower tries to take control of me.
I was making the assumption that it was NOT a riding mower despite the complete lack of information provided!

Search this Thread