Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mower cord won't recoil

07-22-05, 12:28 PM   #1  
Mower cord won't recoil

Hello. Yesterday I was attempting to start my mower when the cord pulled all the way out and would not go back in. It is still connected to the mower but just hangs there. Does anyone know the procedure I would need to do to fix this? Thanks, babbabooey

Not sure if it matters, but my mower is a Cub Cadet 22in. model SC621

Last edited by babbabooey; 07-23-05 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Add information

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-24-05, 12:51 AM   #2  
What brand and model engine is on it? Try lightly rapping on the top of the recoil housing with a block of wood or a handle of a hammer and see if it jumps back in.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

08-18-05, 10:58 AM   #3  
I tried that and couldn't get it to go back in. The engine is a Briggs and Stratton, 6.5 HP. This happened one other time and I took the thing apart and ended up taking it to a shop and the guy fixed it really quick, but he didn't let me in on how he did it.

NY

08-18-05, 12:20 PM   #4  
The procedure would be very lengthy to explain. I suggest going to the repair shop and buying a Briggs service manual for your model series engine...I'm going to guess it's an Intek overhead valve engine and if so, the manual part# is 272147.

Search this Thread