Craftsman trimmer rewind starter rope

Old 07-27-05, 11:15 PM
Craftsman trimmer rewind starter rope

Hello to all I have a craftsman gas weedwacker/trimmer
32cc model 358.795160 And triing to replace starter rope
I removed the shaft,and the four bolts holding housing but
need to remove the end where the shaft connects to crankshaft or drive. How do I hold flywheel? most trimmers have a place to insert allen wrench or something to hold it, which this one has it but allen wrench dosn't hold and sears online shows a speical tool to hold it but hard to see it. also what direction to turn to remove the end? This is a neighbors trimmer and don't want to break
a fin on flywheel doing a favor. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-05, 08:39 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Not sure where u found a tool online, the parts listing I find does not list one as far as I can tell.
http://www3.sears.com/ and use your model # if you have not tried this site yet.
I can't tell from the IPL exactly what holds the flywheel on and it is a bit confusing as there appears to be a fan in the outer housing besides the flywheel. I don't think this is the case but only been in a couple of these monsters.
You can prolly use a piston stop to hold the crank. Only a couple bucks at most small engine repair or maybe auto stores. Its just a nylon plug that screws into the plug hole, you can gently rotate the engine until it hits the stop.

Old 07-28-05, 10:29 AM
thanks for link to diagram triing to remove # 47