re: Echo ES 1000 blower/shredder vac

Old 07-29-05, 04:03 PM
re: Echo ES 1000 blower/shredder vac

Hello:

The Echo blower has always started on the first pull. A week ago I loaned it to my brother (always a big mistake.) It came back filthy but still had some fuel in it. I used it for a few minutes and it died as the fuel tank was empty.

Filled the tank and it has not started since. I cleaned the air filter, put in fresh fuel at the correct ratio (btw, I gave it to my brother with a 1 gallon can of premix so know he didn't screw it up that way.)

Also put in a new plug and it seems to have spark but not as bright as I'd like.

Only thing I have not done is replace the muffler. I'll likely do that anyway on Monday when the parts shop is open.

Anyone have any ideas on the no-start issue? Seems unlikely is is plugged but who knows.

Regards,

Snowman 53

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-05, 06:05 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
The muffler should have a spark arrestor on it. Just a small rectangle screen held in with a plate or screws. If plugged just clean this. Echos and Stihls I see this alot. The owners manual should make mention of it for regular maintenance if not troubleshooting.

Old 08-02-05, 04:49 PM
Sounds like the fuel filter is plugged (or if there isn't one, dirt got into the carb).