Honda HR 214 Mower Carb Problems

Old 08-04-05, 08:20 AM
Sonar
Visiting Guest
Honda HR 214 Mower Carb Problems

The last 2 times I've run it out of gas my 1987 Honda HR 214 lawnmower ran slowly and without power on restart and would not run at all unless it was on choke. I've replaced the air filter, fuel filter, and removed/cleaned/disassembled the carb the 1st time this happened and removed the float bowl and cleaned the needle seat the 2nd time. I did not use a rebuild kit. After replacing the cleaned carb the 1st time this happened the engine ran very well, perhaps stronger than it ever had. I've had no luck with the steps I've taken this 2nd occurrence.

Should I replace the carb? If so, which engine do I have? GX-120? All the ebay listings for carburetors seem to list engine but not the mower model.

Should I do something else?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-05, 12:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I would try another cleaning...you may have to soak the carb in a bath type cleaner sold at automotive parts stores.

Old 08-06-05, 09:48 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Here is a manual for HRA 214 http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/O...n/31VA4020.PDF

Without researching I am not sure what the "A" designates, hopefully it will cover your model. Lists the engine GVX 120. It also has trouble shooting and adjustment steps that will apply.