Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

The Adjustment of jet on the bowl of 10 hp tecumseh

Visiting Guest

08-06-05, 06:45 PM   #1  
sktruc
The Adjustment of jet on the bowl of 10 hp tecumseh

I have a 10 hp tecumseh engine and i need to know what the proper adjustment is on the jet on the carburator bowl is ?

Sponsored Links

NC

08-06-05, 07:14 PM   #2  
sktruc,

Main Jet adustmet is: Turn screw in until seated! Easy here! Don't tighten to tight. Just until you feel it seat! If you srew it in tight, you will need a new needle screw. Back out 1 to 1 1/2 turns and adjust from there in 1/8 turns to perfection.

God Bless,
Dave237

08-06-05, 08:56 PM   #3  
hi idle is on bottom of bowl. adjust when hot under load somewhere between 1-2 turns out depending on conditions. you want a slightly rich mixture so it wont stall under load. the low idle is on side of uppercarb facing you adjust when hot at low speed. book says 1 to 1and 11/4 out but one to 2 turns should do it. make adjustments slowly. i notice on my older mowers at the beginning of year when it is cold i have to screw carb adj. screws out and when it gets hot i have to turn them back in for smoother running.

Search this Thread