Poulan Shark chainsaw missing

Old 08-07-05, 10:24 AM
ankhe105
Visiting Guest
Poulan Shark chainsaw losing power

I have had one of these for a couple years and does have quite a few hours on it. I only paid about $80 for it. Recently, it has started missing and does not have much power. I've had the carburetor out and cleaned that. The gas lines seem to be clear. I fiddled around with the carb adjuster screws and once in awhile it will achieve full power but not for long. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by ankhe105; 08-07-05 at 04:40 PM. Reason: misleading title
Old 08-08-05, 05:26 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is it safe to assume you've already checked the spark plug and replaced as necessary? Also did you check for corrosion under the plug wire boot?

Old 08-08-05, 07:57 AM
ankhe105
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by San-Man
Is it safe to assume you've already checked the spark plug and replaced as necessary? Also did you check for corrosion under the plug wire boot?
Thanks for the reply San-Man. Yes, I did both of those things and have good spark. Ignition coil? If it's that, is there any way to test it?

Old 08-08-05, 11:35 AM
ankhe105
Visiting Guest
It's fixed!!

I figured out the problem. There are only 2 very small ports in the back of the muffler that you can't see til it's off. They were both almost completely clgged with carbon gunk. Runs great again! Thanks folks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: