Mower deck adjustments

Old 08-07-05, 07:41 PM
angelwings12244
Visiting Guest
Question Mower deck adjustments

I am new here and i am going to jump right in and ask for some help here.

I have a Murry 42" deck 5 speed,independent suspension , my deck is dragging the ground on the clutch side in the front, off the ground in the back and almost touching the deck setting side back tire.

Someone put on a new clutch spring and i wasnt watching him and i have no idea what he did but obviously something.
I can usually figure something out but i have sat and looked and looked and i dont know where to start unless i just undo the whole thing and start over.

A picture to me is worth a thousand words.

If i have left out any pertinent info please say so.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-05, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by angelwings12244
I am new here and i am going to jump right in and ask for some help here.

I have a Murry 42" deck 5 speed,independent suspension , my deck is dragging the ground on the clutch side in the front, off the ground in the back and almost touching the deck setting side back tire.

Someone put on a new clutch spring and i wasnt watching him and i have no idea what he did but obviously something.
I can usually figure something out but i have sat and looked and looked and i dont know where to start unless i just undo the whole thing and start over.

A picture to me is worth a thousand words.

If i have left out any pertinent info please say so.
Check to see if your deck can be adjusted, or if you have wheels, you may have to adjust them. If it can be adjusted, pick the hole closest to the deck or ground to get the maximum lift. Also, check to see if there are any pins missing, or empty holes in the front to where a pin can go through.

Old 08-09-05, 12:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello angelwings!

If I am thinking of the right mower, here is the leveling procedure:

Get the mower sitting on a nice level spot like the concrete slab in a garage. Lift the flap at the bottom of the height adjustment handle area on the fender. Let the deck height adjustment lever down to the lowest setting (normally covered by the flap). Loosen the wing nuts at the rear of the deck under the mower on each side and let the deck sit flat on the ground. Then tighten both wing nuts, lift the deck back up with the lever, and put the flap back in place on the fender.