Carb blowing...

Old 08-10-05, 07:53 AM
Carb blowing...

Hello, all...I've seen several references to blowing carbs out with compressed air...Before I go at one and wind up sending parts halfway down the block, do you folks have any tips as to where & what I should and shouldn't blow out with the compressed air? I assume I need to remove the float & needle but what else? Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-05, 10:12 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
It LARGELY depends on what type of carb and what type of equipment it is used on. There are possibly as many types of carbs as there are folks posting on this site...

If you do have a float type carb and are going to dissasemble it for cleaning, you would do well to install a kit at the same time, again if you provide the engine or equipment info, part #'s can be provided as well as more detailed instruction.
Any jets or screws that can be removed and cleaned. The fuel inlet port, possibly the seat is located here where the needle closes. Some are replaceable, some have rubber tipped needle valves some have............................

Sometimes the bolt that holds the bowl on is itself a main jet. The bowl flange and gasket is an area to attend......