Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

snowthrower

Visiting Guest

08-14-05, 05:48 PM   #1  
misterb19
snowthrower

I just bought a new Craftsman snowthrower with a 8.5 horsepower Briggs & Stratton engine. Off of the electric starter there is a wire sticking out and the manual doesn't show what it is. Any ideas? Is it for an optional attatchment? Should it be tucked in somewhere?

Last edited by misterb19; 08-14-05 at 05:48 PM. Reason: addition

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-14-05, 10:28 PM   #2  
Hello Misterb19!

If this wire is the one I am thinking of, it is actually coming from above the starter rather than from it, and is probably a wire for accessory lighting. It is fed power by the alternator when the engine is running.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

08-15-05, 08:38 AM   #3  
Or, although only remotely possible, for a charging circuit. Or the ground (kill) wire. What color is the wire and what color is the connector?

Visiting Guest

08-15-05, 10:05 AM   #4  
misterb19
the wire is red and it looks like it has a plastic hood on a single pronged male plug. Should it be tucked in somewhere? I can't imagine it should be exposed to the elements.

Visiting Guest

08-15-05, 10:07 AM   #5  
misterb19
thanks

I thought it might be for an accessory. Thanks for the info. SHould I open the console and remove it or should I tuck it in somewhere?

NY

08-15-05, 12:05 PM   #6  
With anything electrical, it is good to keep any moisture from wires/connectors/terminals. Tape it up with electrical tape and cable tie it out of the way. You don't necessarily have to tuck it out of sight, just out o fthe way of any interferrence.

Search this Thread