Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need a recommendation

Visiting Guest

08-15-05, 09:06 AM   #1  
lrcaulfi
need a recommendation

Hi! I wanted some advice on weed whackers. We need a pretty heavy duty one that runs on gas. It also has to be pretty easy to get started. Thanks for any advice! Laura

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-15-05, 10:26 AM   #2  
Azis
Stihl and Echo make good, quality trimmers. Husqvarna also if you can find a dealer. You will pay initially for the quality, however it will pay off in years of reliability in my opinion.
Most low priced consumer string trimmers are diposable after a few years if any "Service" is required, IMO

I have however been more than satisfied with the 10+ years of service from my Ryobi, while it has not required service, it has been maintained and stored as per similar instructions that can be found in the owners manual.

NY

08-15-05, 10:59 AM   #3  
I'm not impressed with Husqvarna's line-up but the other two I am along with Shindaiwa and John Deere. Basically, in a nut shell, buy from a reputable dealer in your area, looking for a commercial duty trimmer that they have.

Search this Thread