Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pressure Washer Problems

Visiting Guest

08-20-05, 02:58 PM   #1  
Chicken Man
Pressure Washer Problems

I am having low pressure trouble with a pressure washer pump that is attached to a 5.5 HP Honda Gas engine. I went as far as purchasing a new pump and replacing whole pump. Am still having same trouble. Low or no pressure. Have checked output hoses and such so I am now stumped. It is a Giant GX series pump. Any comments would be helpful for I am at wits end with this one.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

NC

08-20-05, 06:49 PM   #2  
Chicken Man,

I assume your engine is running normally? If so, does your spray wand or attachment have a clogg? Does your sprayer have a clutch before the pump?

God Bless,
Dave237

Visiting Guest

08-20-05, 06:59 PM   #3  
Chicken Man
motor is not a problem and not clogged up. I switched flanges on my pump because they sent me the wrong flange. The flange for the pump they shipped was too small so I used my old flange making it fit. Now the pump is bigger and called for a 3/4 shaft and I switched to make it 7/8 so it would fit on my motor. Do you think the 1/8 bigger shaft for the pump could make that big a difference?

NC

08-20-05, 08:28 PM   #4  
Chicken Man,

Sounds like you might have spotted the problem. Check that the engine shaft has not striped the pump mating. It maybe intact with slow rotation but then slip with high RPM's and load. A clue will be mangled corners in the adapter.

God Bless,
Dave237

Search this Thread