Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Use Air Compresser for Power/Pressure Washer?

Visiting Guest

08-29-05, 11:16 AM   #1  
user52
Use Air Compresser for Power/Pressure Washer?

i was wondering if there was something i could buy that would allow me to use my air compressor as a power washer as well.

thanks

Sponsored Links

NY

08-29-05, 02:04 PM   #2  
You don't want to introduce water in a compressor set up and I know of no attachment for doing such anyhow but who knows maybe someone out there does. Stand by for further replies.

Super Moderator

CANADA

08-29-05, 05:04 PM   #3  
user,

Yes there is such a thing available.
The idea is that you connect a garden hose to the thing and the air is supposed to propel the water at the 100 psi of the compressor.
However, it doesn't do much.
I've seen one work and all it does is make a mess.
You will get better cleaning action with just air or just water and elbow grease.

GregH.........HVAC/R Tech

NC

08-29-05, 10:03 PM   #4  
user52,

Water, can not be compressed! However, air can. This is how our well water pumps work. Without an air pocket in our tanks we would have no water pressure however, high pressure water pumps use no air. They use bruit force of an engine or electric motor to make the power of the jet happen.

Air pressure simply won't do it. A fluid can be made solid to the point of cutting coins (and water jets do). To make a viable jet of water, you need bruit horse power. This is where a power washer becomes just that. A power washer!

God Bless,
Dave237

Visiting Guest

08-29-05, 11:29 PM   #5  
user52
Thank You Thank You

*drives off in search of a powerwasher*

Search this Thread