Lawn Boy Speed Adjustment

Old 08-29-05, 04:13 PM
alfromva
Visiting Guest
Lawn Boy Speed Adjustment

I have replaced the vane, spring, and disc in a 21 inch Lawn Boy push (no Power) mower carburator assembly. The motor starts but immediately overspeeds. How can I adjust the speed

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-05, 10:30 PM
something is wrong with the governor or the carb linkage is too short (bent)

Another problem could be: the throttle arm has a tendency to jump over the centre and try to go the wrong way which can hold it open .

S/T

Old 09-10-05, 08:33 PM
tarheelman
Visiting Guest
Smile

To adjust the air vane governor's spring tension (and, thus, engine RPMs), you turn the white, knurled knob. Turning it clockwise increases tension (and RPMs), while turning it counterclockwise decreases tension.

You have to put some pressure on the knob to get it to turn. When doing this, be careful not to break the spring---it's very fragile.

Needless to say, adjusting the governor's spring tension should only be done when the engine is OFF and COLD.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-10-09, 01:58 PM
Adjusting Lawnboy governor

I have a similar problem with my 6.5 HP Lawnboy mower. I have adjusted the knob above the carb and it corrected the surging at full throttle but, I still have the problem of engine surging at lower speeds. There doesn't appear to be a fuel mixture adjustment to correct this. Has anyone found a fix for the engine surging problem.