Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Weedwacker Trouble

Visiting Guest

09-03-05, 04:33 PM   #1  
FF Todd
Craftsman Weedwacker Trouble

I have been using my 26.2 cc, 17" Craftsman weedwacker for 5 years now. It works like a champ and always starts well. I use it on an almost weekly basis. This week, I started it, but it would die after about 5-8 seconds. It did this several times. I disconnected the hoselines from the tank to the carb. to make sure they weren't clogged, but I still had the same results. Could I be having a vacuum problem? I'm looking for some advice before I tear into the carb.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-04-05, 01:01 AM   #2  
After 5 years, it's a fair bet that the fuel lines need to be replaced. They begin to get a bit brittle and can develop a small crack or pinhole allowing air to enter the line and starve the carb of fuel. I'd start with that.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

09-05-05, 09:38 AM   #3  
FF Todd
Thanks for the help.

Cheese,

I appreciate your quick response. Replacing these lines sounds alot easier than tearing into the carb. Thank you again.

09-05-05, 02:18 PM   #4  
If replacing the lines, dont work, and why you are at if check the filter inside the tank.

If you still have trouble, check that metal fule filter screen in the carb.

I dont mean to plug that area, But I have worked on over 20 of these things and 80% of the time thats all it is.

sporty

Search this Thread