What Year Is My Mower?

Old 09-06-05, 04:23 PM
msaffer
Visiting Guest
What Year Is My Mower?

Greetings once again!

I'm trying to find a link somewhere were I could find what year my MTD 42" riding mower was manufactured. The Model is 13AG675G033 and the Serial is 1J256C20132. I need some blades and the online parts houses make a distinction between 1997/newer and 1997/after.

The lady at Ronnie's here looked it up and said my mower was a 1997 however I have found HIGHLY suspicious conflicting information about the blades on the internet due to the differences in hole patterns and the years they associate with the patterns. I have Ronnie's under 24-hour covert surveillance right now.

Some of the blades I found have an "H" pattern center hole. Not really an H shape, more like a wallowed out fat hour glass. Others have a "Star" pattern center hole. I read somewhere that the H patterned blades will fit over the Star patterned shafts.

I appreiciate it!

Thanks again,
Michael Saffer
Jacksonville, Florida

~~~ I mow. Therefore I am ~~~

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-05, 10:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you have aluminum blade mandrel housings, you have the star or hourglass shaped holes in the blades. They are both the same and fit the same mowers. There are no mowers that take only trhe hourglass shaped ones. They are just made to fit on the star shaped shaft.

If you have steel mandrel housings, then you have the 3 hole pattern. Or...just look under there. If there's nothing but one nut holding the blade on, then it's a star. If it has 3 bolts, then it has the 3 bolt blade.

Old 09-10-05, 09:31 PM
jnpjwatts
Visiting Guest
Mtd

To find out the year of your MTD You can go to this web site it is Safe And secure one www.outdoordistributors.com then hit the M then go to MTD it should work for you

Old 09-11-05, 06:20 AM
msaffer
Visiting Guest
That's it!

I found the model year and also found the 23-page parts catalog at that Website.

What a great resource.

Thank you very much.

Michael Saffer
Jacksonville, Florida