Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel leaking into crankcase

09-09-05, 10:33 AM   #1  
Fuel leaking into crankcase

I have a Scag mower with a Kawasaki 19HP engine model FH601V. I'm having a problem with the fuel somehow getting into the crankcase and diluting the oil. I've taken it to the dealer where I bought it twice but problem hasn't been fixed yet. I even shut off the fuel valve from the tank when the mower is not in use so it must be happening while the engine is running. Anyone ever had this problem? The dealer replaced the fuel pump the last time thinking the diaphram might be leaking.

Sponsored Links

09-09-05, 05:49 PM   #2  
is this engine have a carb with a float,

there is 3 basic things that can cause this -

A whole in the float bowl or not set right, needle seat sticking open.

sometimes a bad seal on the intake valve or the intake valve sticking can cause this. But The engine would not run right.

I have also had those fuel shut off valves on my fuel line, and I have found that fuel can still get past them, Those cheap things, fail easy, buy over tightening them

excesss fuel while running can either happen thru the intake valve or crankcase breather.

sporty

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-10-05, 01:42 AM   #3  
Hello mswoodr!

You have a carburetor problem. Remove the carb, clean it out well, remove the float and needle and clean the needle tip and use a q-tip to clean out the area where the needle tip seats. Reassemble and see what happens. If it still leaks, replace the needle (or replace it to begin with to eliminate having to work on it a second time....hopefully).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread