Wisconsin Robin engine problem

Old 07-31-04, 03:59 PM
dansal
Visiting Guest
Wisconsin Robin engine problem

I have a Wisconsin Robin horizontal shaft model EH41D I believe it is 13 hp. This engine starts and runs but if you try to take the choke completely off it starts to sputter. This only happens when the engine is under a load. But if you leave the choke pulled half way it runs perfect.
I have rebuilt the carb but this does not help.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Daniel

Old 08-01-04, 12:46 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
You didnt mention what the engine was on? Generator? Possibly loose carb or bad gaskets, somehow your engine is getting air other than through the throat of the carb. Depending on the equipment...?

Old 08-01-04, 04:59 PM
dansal
Visiting Guest
This engine is on a 4.0 gpm 4000psi pressure washer. The carb to engine gasket is new and I do not see where else it could be leaking from.

Thanks for the reply
Daniel

Old 08-01-04, 07:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Hello Daniel!

Did you soak the carb in carburetor cleaner when you rebuilt it? There is a restriction in it that needs to be cleaned out.

Old 08-02-04, 06:19 PM
dansal
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by cheese
Hello Daniel!

Did you soak the carb in carburetor cleaner when you rebuilt it? There is a restriction in it that needs to be cleaned out.
I did not soak it in carb cleaner. I sprayed through the passages with carb cleaner. I will take it apart and soak maybe that will do it. Thanks for the help

thanks
Daniel

Old 08-03-04, 03:14 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Be aware that common bath cleaners are very powerful chemicals. Remove all rubber and all possible plastic pieces before soaking and use hand and eye protection when handling. By all means a good soaking should do the trick.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: