Electric hedge clipper

Reply

  #1  
Old 06-16-00, 12:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

I don't know if this is the proper forum...

I have a Black&Decker HT400 hedge clipper that stopped working. It first lost power (although corded it was similar to using a battery powered tool with old batteries.) I then noticed a burning odor from the motor. I was going to guess the problem is the brushes in the motor but I don't know how to check.

I can get a whole new one from B&D for about $35.

Do I fix it (try to) or replace it? Am I on the right track thinking brushes?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-18-00, 09:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Hijaffe

The symptom you discribe with your electric hedger doesn't sound like that of burnt brushes.

If the cost of a new hedger replacement is only $35.00, buy a new one. Then take apart the burned out one and find out what did burn up.

My guess is the A/C to D/C converter electric circuit board overheated.

Which may have happened normally from age or from a lack of air flow do to clogged or restricted air intake vents.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes