MTD 20" 3.5hp tecumseh will not run

Old 09-16-05, 08:06 AM
jekypeters
Visiting Guest
MTD 20" 3.5hp tecumseh will not run

I've cleaned the carb, drained the old oil and gas, refilled oil and gas, replaced the spark plug, replaced the needle and 'seat. There is still a bit of old oil in the cylinder, I assume that it is from being stored on an angle. It will fire and couple of times but will not remain running. The only adjustment I can make (i think?) is the bowl needle on the carb. Not sure if that is the problem of if there is something else that needs adjustment. So far I've invested $13 in the mower but the deck and motor seem to be in good shape so I'd like to get it running. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-05, 04:06 PM
Reply back with the model & spec.#'s where someone with a reader can see what kind of engine you have.If we're up to speed on this someone can be able to help better.

Old 09-16-05, 05:42 PM
jekypeters
Visiting Guest
It's a tecumseh TVS90 3.5 hp engine on the MTD 20" red deck push mower. Not sure what the mower model number is.

Old 09-16-05, 06:11 PM
does the little bowl nut on it have a tiny hole there inbetween the threads? make sure thats cleared out, 1.5 turns from going in snug on the needle will get it going but would need a fine tuning