Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda g100 timing problem

Visiting Guest

09-17-05, 03:18 AM   #1  
gomez.k
Honda g100 timing problem

Hello all
changed the failed oil seal-gasket on my honda G100 ( the engine is the power unit on a cement mixer 2.5 hp.) but as i was putting the cover plate back the cam shaft came adrift.Consequently i lost the timing. The engine works fine with the muffler removed but ragged with it in place, how do i retrieve the timing? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-18-05, 11:21 PM   #2  
Sounds like an internally collapsed muffler if it runs as it should without it. The camshaft should have a lineup mark I believe. If not, you can put the engine at TDC, and install the cam to where both valves are closed, but if you rock the engine just slightly off TDC, one valve begins to open, and if you rock the engine just slightly the other way, the other valve begins to open.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

09-24-05, 01:48 AM   #3  
gomez.k
Thanks for the reply
on closer inspection I found a dot and arrow line up mark on the toothed wheels, when lined up the engine works ok. Thanks again for your interest.

Search this Thread