DAD'S Pioneer p30 chainsaw

Old 09-17-05, 09:04 PM
DAD'S Pioneer p30 chainsaw

I recently got my father's Pioneer saw wtih the intent on restoring it to its former glory( long story, very poor growing up, this saw stood between us and freezing in the winter, and it never once failed). during this restoration, i moved into my new house( well not new, but new to me), and cannot find the pieces for the points. I have tried to use an electronic conversion, but it works for a while and pukes out. i would like to use electronic ignition on this saw, but only if i can find one that is reliable, otherwise i'll go back to points( worked all these years). BTW what ever happend to the pioneer company, the guy at the local smalll engine shop mentioned they were bought out by poulan.
This is the last step in the restoration, my dad has no idea what i have done to this saw, full engine overhaul, had the cases and covers sandblasted and the paint matched by computer,it looks and runs like brand new, until the modules fry,( three so far, gave up ) He bought this saw in 1979 when i was three years old and it has been through the ringer. but every fall it was there ready to go.
I want to get it back together and running right so i can give it back to him in presine condition as a way of saying " thanks, i know it was rough but we made it through" I know it is kinda cheesy( no offence Cheese lol) but i've put some time and plenty of cash i to this project and just want it right

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-05, 10:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello lwnmwrpllr!

I don't know of any solid state ignition coils for this saw. There may be one that would fit by chance, but I have no idea. I think I'd personally just replace the points and put it back original. You can probably find parts for this on ebay.