Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Blower

TX

09-18-05, 06:03 PM   #1  
Craftsman Blower

Craftsman blower model# 358.796982 rebuilt the carb.runs fine,I used the blower a few times and now the kill switch which is a toggle switch won't kill the motor,so I thought the switch was bad,so I by pass it by touching the two wires together still runs,red wire goes to the coil and the white goes to ground I clean the end of the white wire to ground still no go used a ohms mtr and the wires check out fine.This is the second blower I have repaired that has done this,is the coil bad,unable to find a toggle switch to replace the only way to kill the motor is to put it on choke.There also a ground wire that goes inside the handle to the inside cover of the blower with a bent wire screw to the cover,have no idea what this ground is for,I'm at a lost.

Thanks
Jerry

Sponsored Links

AL

09-18-05, 07:49 PM   #2  
You stated that you used a ohms Met.to check the wires.Did it show that the switch was good as well?If it is the wire which goes to the coil has come lose.It's just a flat type sta-con lug,and they viberate lose from time to time.
Put it back on,mash it tight with plirs.it'lll be OK.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-18-05, 10:37 PM   #3  
I've seen these coils go bad in such a maner that they run fine, but the kill terminal no longer is connected to the coil and is ineffective. If you ground this terminal to the engine and it still won't shut off, then it's the coil.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

09-19-05, 05:49 PM   #4  
The red wire going to the coil seems to be on ok,I'll see if I can find another coil.

Thanks
Jerry

Search this Thread