forgot what its for

Old 09-28-05, 06:37 PM
Smile forgot what its for

i have a 1972 lawn boy model 7260A made in Galesburg,Illinois. there are two levers on the back of mine .one is for light and heavy grass on the right side. right beside it on the left there is another .they both go through a metal bracket which is mounted below the gas tank.one hooks the one on the right for the grass hooks up to a spring from the top .i dont know what the other one does,or what it is for. this thing runs good .
the lawn boy website has no print for this mower my serial no is completedifferent than any thing they have. 6094125 any help you can give me would be greatly appreciatted.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-05, 12:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Roeboat109!

Sounds to me like you are describing the fuel shutoff valve. This just shuts off the flow of fuel to the carburetor.

Old 09-29-05, 08:01 AM
Smile forgot what its for

all the decals are worn off to show what anything is for .there is a turn shut off valve below the tank by the hose is why i didnt think it was that.what broke off was a lever like the one on the other side for the grass speed.maybe this is another way of turning the gas off? this has never broke before so i have no idea. i dont spend much time at dealers,except for parts.these parts are sometimes hard to find. the other grass spring that goes to the top is a real pain in the $$$ and it breaks more than it should,seems like. thanks for the help for any other help .have a good day.

Old 09-29-05, 12:42 PM
Try this https://lookup2.toro.com/partdex/ind...Caller=lawnboy It's an exploded view but perhaps it will help!!!