Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

forgot what its for

IL

09-28-05, 06:37 PM   #1  
forgot what its for

i have a 1972 lawn boy model 7260A made in Galesburg,Illinois. there are two levers on the back of mine .one is for light and heavy grass on the right side. right beside it on the left there is another .they both go through a metal bracket which is mounted below the gas tank.one hooks the one on the right for the grass hooks up to a spring from the top .i dont know what the other one does,or what it is for. this thing runs good .
the lawn boy website has no print for this mower my serial no is completedifferent than any thing they have. 6094125 any help you can give me would be greatly appreciatted.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-29-05, 12:23 AM   #2  
Hello Roeboat109!

Sounds to me like you are describing the fuel shutoff valve. This just shuts off the flow of fuel to the carburetor.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IL

09-29-05, 08:01 AM   #3  
forgot what its for

all the decals are worn off to show what anything is for .there is a turn shut off valve below the tank by the hose is why i didnt think it was that.what broke off was a lever like the one on the other side for the grass speed.maybe this is another way of turning the gas off? this has never broke before so i have no idea. i dont spend much time at dealers,except for parts.these parts are sometimes hard to find. the other grass spring that goes to the top is a real pain in the $$$ and it breaks more than it should,seems like. thanks for the help for any other help .have a good day.

NY

09-29-05, 12:42 PM   #4  
Try this https://lookup2.toro.com/partdex/ind...Caller=lawnboy It's an exploded view but perhaps it will help!!!

Search this Thread