Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

poulan chain saw

MA

09-30-05, 08:02 AM   #1  
poulan chain saw

I'm interested in purchasing a poulan chain saw. No particular model in mind,
but would like some opinions on the brand.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-30-05, 10:43 AM   #2  
deanw
From my experience with Poulan, I would recommend their saws for the homeowner. Although the Poulan Pro has a more commercial application, They are still designed to be used for light duty. The only real problems (not associated to customer missuse or abuse) I have ran into was overheating after long use and problems keeping the chain tight on the Pro models. For the price you pay for one though, you can't beat the performance.

MA

09-30-05, 12:06 PM   #3  
Thanks,
I am thinking that i could use it for more than aoccasional week-end project like with the price of fuel i may be cutting a lot of firewood this year.

NY

09-30-05, 12:09 PM   #4  
deanw is on the mark, they are a light, consumer-duty saw. I'd look at Echo or Dolmar if I were you...from a dealer.

MA

09-30-05, 12:12 PM   #5  
Thanks folks.. its sure comforting to know there are knowledgable people here to help out the uninformed.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-30-05, 10:22 PM   #6  
I agree...a poulan would be OK for the occasional use, like pruning limbs and cutting up the occasional small tree. Anything more, and I would look at a better saw. Echo and Dolmar are excellent saws. Jonsered, Husquvarna (not the lower priced ones), and Stihl also have very good saws. There are others as well. Finding a brand with a dealer near you would be a good idea so you can get parts easily when needed.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MA

10-01-05, 09:00 AM   #7  
Thanks to all. i'm heading to different dealers to "bargain".

Search this Thread