blade direction

Old 10-02-05, 05:18 PM
blade direction

i just bought replacement blades for my mower ,but i did not note when i took the old ones off what direction they were in.the new ones on one side you can see where they were sharpned at the factory and the other side is smoothe ,my question is should the side you can tell has been sharpned when on the mower should the sharpned side be down toward the ground or should the sharpned side be facing the deck. thanks andy

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-05, 05:51 PM
tip towards the ground, if it has a curve at the back of the blade? thats up. but the edge goes to the ground.

Old 10-02-05, 06:11 PM
help again

thanks but still not sure as i sit here and look at it on one side you can see where it was sharped and its kind of grinded down on other side it is flat which side goes up or down. sorry for the trouble .thanks again andy

Old 10-02-05, 06:52 PM
place the blades on the ground, with grind side up. the grind does not have down.

meaning lookind down at them, you will see the grind and angle. that is how they face.

smooth side is the bottom

sporty

Old 10-02-05, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by adrew
thanks but still not sure as i sit here and look at it on one side you can see where it was sharped and its kind of grinded down on other side it is flat which side goes up or down. sorry for the trouble .thanks again andy
teh balde may have the outer end turned up...or the blade istself may be slightly twisted..put it on so the air flowing over the top of the blace would cause it to "lift" the grass (think of it trying to push the air upwards through yoru deck) as if the blades were actually fan blades

hope that is clearer than mud

Old 10-03-05, 12:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sharpened side up, smooth side towards the dirt.

Old 10-03-05, 12:15 PM
got it

thanks got it