Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

blade direction

VA

10-02-05, 05:18 PM   #1  
blade direction

i just bought replacement blades for my mower ,but i did not note when i took the old ones off what direction they were in.the new ones on one side you can see where they were sharpned at the factory and the other side is smoothe ,my question is should the side you can tell has been sharpned when on the mower should the sharpned side be down toward the ground or should the sharpned side be facing the deck. thanks andy

Sponsored Links

10-02-05, 05:51 PM   #2  
tip towards the ground, if it has a curve at the back of the blade? thats up. but the edge goes to the ground.

VA

10-02-05, 06:11 PM   #3  
help again

thanks but still not sure as i sit here and look at it on one side you can see where it was sharped and its kind of grinded down on other side it is flat which side goes up or down. sorry for the trouble .thanks again andy

10-02-05, 06:52 PM   #4  
place the blades on the ground, with grind side up. the grind does not have down.

meaning lookind down at them, you will see the grind and angle. that is how they face.

smooth side is the bottom

sporty

CANADA

10-02-05, 06:53 PM   #5  
Posted By: adrew thanks but still not sure as i sit here and look at it on one side you can see where it was sharped and its kind of grinded down on other side it is flat which side goes up or down. sorry for the trouble .thanks again andy
teh balde may have the outer end turned up...or the blade istself may be slightly twisted..put it on so the air flowing over the top of the blace would cause it to "lift" the grass (think of it trying to push the air upwards through yoru deck) as if the blades were actually fan blades

hope that is clearer than mud

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-03-05, 12:03 AM   #6  
Sharpened side up, smooth side towards the dirt.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

VA

10-03-05, 12:15 PM   #7  
got it

thanks got it

Search this Thread