Hoda 215SX

Old 10-08-05, 06:30 AM
sod
Hoda 215SX

will only run on choke. Neighbor say he will sell it to me. Here is the history. Neighbor replace the uppper handle so he had to disconnect the throttle, self propell and blade clutch to do so. Mower will now only run on choke. Ran fine before. Any ideas for fix. The price is good but not if I need to put a bunch of money or time. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-05, 08:00 AM
sod,

Sounds like the control cable needs adjustment. There should be a clamp (close to the engine) that holds the control cable pipe. Inside is the control cable itself. You need to lossen the clamp and adjust for proper carb operation. When throttle is set to choke the choke flap should be closed. When in run it should be full open.

God Bless,
Dave237

Old 10-08-05, 08:44 AM
sod
Thanks Dave & a futher clarification

The mower will run when the throttle is in the mowing ( rabbit) postion but bogs down and stops when the blade is engaged. The idle also surges alittle. Do you still think it may only need the throttle cable adjusted or is the carb shot?

Old 10-08-05, 02:15 PM
sod,

Is the engine running at full speed in the (rabbit) postion? If so, I suggest good carb cleaning. But before doing so replace the air cleaner with a new one. Don't atempt to clean the old one just replace it. If the air cleaner don't do the trick then proceed on to removing and cleaning the carb. It's not that hard and it should get it back to running like new.

God Bless,
Dave237

Old 10-08-05, 05:34 PM
sod
Thanks again Dave,

My neighbor wants $150 for the mower. The air filter is new. Do you think its a good deal if it only needs a carb cleaning? The mower is 7 years old.

Last edited by sod; 10-08-05 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-08-05, 11:38 PM
sod,

(NO DEAL!) Too much! Pass it by!

God Bless,
Dave237

Last edited by dave237; 10-08-05 at 11:50 PM.

Search this Thread