Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

cordless, electric or gas mower

Visiting Guest

10-13-05, 03:25 PM   #1  
vonernie
cordless, electric or gas mower

We're getting our first lawn -fescue, medium size 800 ft & fairly flat. I'd like to make it so my wife could mow in my absence. So would a cordless work well enough or do we need a more complicated environment of an extension cord and mower or do we have to use a gas mower. My wife is 60 years old and likes things simple.
Thanks for the advice

Sponsored Links

10-13-05, 06:55 PM   #2  
for her, i would go electric, but corded, you have those cords to mess with then the cordless, the batterys. if she knows how to use, operate, and maintain simple stuff of a gas powered mower, IE check the oil, and add gas in the right place. you can deal with the oil changes, filter, and blades.

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

10-14-05, 08:03 AM   #3  
With only a 20' X 40' area to cut, a cordless would do the job and is almost maintenance free. If you want a golf green appearance, you will need to rake up the cuttings or get a mower with a bagger. That will restrict your chioces and you may end up choosing a gas mower.

Search this Thread