Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Husqvarna Z4217

Visiting Guest

10-16-05, 06:27 PM   #1  
DNT1
Husqvarna Z4217

I am looking at purchasing a used (37 hours) 5 month old Husqvarna Zero turn Z4217 (42in cut 17hp briggs) the original sell price appears to have been around 2500 I can get it for 1250 Does anyone out there own one of these or know of anyone that has or currently uses one and can relate some experiences? I like the way it looks and it seems to drive OK but I have never owned a zero turn and would not know if it was as it should be or not. I did notice that when you pushed both levers all the way forward it tends to drift to left instead of running in a straight line as I expected it to? maybe that is normal? My 1985 36in cut 12hp Murray has almost run its course, those zero turn units look really neat and this mower looks to be built fairly heavy 12ga deck/cast iron front end and actual stud bolted wheels looks really impressive when compared to a 20 year old Murray LOL although still nothing like some of the commercial units (neighbor has a Scag he paid over 6k for) I am fairly sure I do not need a tank with only 1 1/2 acres I just want something that will cut fairly quick and do a good job without being broken down to much, the Murray will be parked in the corner of the shed on standby she still runs great but the transaxle is on its last leg.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-16-05, 11:54 PM   #2  
I think you'll like it for the price. It should be just fine for 1 1/2 acres. I believe there is an adjustment that can compensate for the left drift, which the owner's manual may detail. I don't have much experience with the Husq ZTRs, but their mowers are usually good and a value.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

03-09-08, 05:07 PM   #3  
answer

that is a great price anything under 2,000 is great generally i good deal if the mower is in good shape. as far as it drifting to the left... check your air pressure or it could be an issue with a belt... any dealer could fix that for under $75

Search this Thread