Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Husqvarna 359 Chain Saw

10-19-05, 08:20 PM   #1  
Husqvarna 359 Chain Saw

Hello all & Cheese! I have a friends 359 which he brought in seized up! PK, desiel & Transmission fluid freed it up after a couple hours. I suspect the worst but hope I don't have to replace the head, Piston, Gaskets etc. 1. This is my first Husky chainsaw so I'm flying blind 2. It has a relief valve that was stuck with the blue button melted off. 3. I am only getting 50 lbs compression W/ closed valve, 30 with it open? SEEMS TOO LOW to me? What should it be? 4 I rebuilt the carbureator and it's working well 5. I have good spark but don't have factory specs on gap for flywheel & spark Plug?? I just guessed setting the flywheel at .015 and the plug at .025 then changed it to .035 STILL NO ATTEMPT TO FIRE. Should I replace the relief valve, look at something else or just dig on in and see if the cylinder and piston are scored? I took the flywheel off and the key is in good shape??? Again "Thanks in advance" for any and all advice! Cheese, I'm still waiting on an operating room! I'm removing both rods, all the vertrabral stabalizers and filling the screw holes & old break with new DNA/Bone compound paste. I think I'll be successful? A prayer wouldn't hurt this patient!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-20-05, 02:00 AM   #2  
Hi Ron!

I think you'll be ahead to go and pull the muffler off and have a look into the cylinder to see its condition. I'm betting the cylinder, rings and piston are scored. If so, I'd have a look at the bearings on the rod and crankshaft too.
Sounds like it may have been run without oil in the fuel.

DNA/Bone compound paste???? Is that anything like JB weld? I'll say a prayer for ya!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

10-20-05, 02:27 AM   #3  
Thanks Cheese! I was afeared that would be the case!!! DNA/Bone compound paste???? Is that anything like JB weld? I'll say a prayer for ya! No! It's not as good. As a matter of fact I discussed the abilities of JB Weld with the "Old cutter", funny how we ALL thought of JB Weld , First?? I was reading where another member is in Thomasville. Small world. I'll write him unless you know 1. A good website to learn about 'Lawn Mower' racing? 2. Info on where around our area to see any events? I might be able to ride after this surgery and would love to see what some of the guys have done with their mowers Take care, Ron.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-22-05, 09:36 PM   #4  
I don't know of any sites. I think they have races in Valdosta (might be a bit further than you want to drive?? what's that, 1.5 to 2 hrs away from you?). They probably have races in some of the small towns in your area...I can just imagine the country guys in the Bristol/Hosford area would be into that. Chattahoochee? I'll ask around, someone should know.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread