Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsmen 32cc leaf blower starts but won't stay running

Visiting Guest

10-21-05, 11:59 AM   #1  
soib45
Craftsmen 32cc leaf blower starts but won't stay running

HI..Someone gave me a Craftsmen model 358.797922 32 CC leaf blower..The problem with it is this..Its starts fine...I put the choke to full on a cold start..and it runs....but after warm up..moving the choke away to half.....it stalls....so I can never get it out of idle mode.....also the trigger has no effect on anything....I would appriecate any info someone can share about it.....Thanks.

Last edited by cheese; 10-28-05 at 12:50 AM. Reason: removed Email address

Sponsored Links

10-21-05, 05:52 PM   #2  
gave it to you? did he do anything to the carb? did he store it properly, it sounds like the carb needs a disassemble and cleaning. make sure the in tank filter isn't clogged as well.

OH

10-26-05, 07:28 PM   #3  
sticking throttel

It sounds like the throttel is sticking spray it with some carb. cleaner or WD40
if that dosent work you may have to do a major cleaning. I allways try the easyer way first.

Visiting Guest

11-06-05, 06:20 PM   #4  
biltno
I have the same exact problem with the same blower.
I had mine since new
the problem started by stalling hot and not restarting, and got worse from there
it acts like no fuel
I replaced the carb with oem replacement and this carb has 2 adjusting screws that you can not turn.
It seemed to run better at first but after 10 minutes it was the same way again
I have tons of leaves to move Can Anyone help?

Search this Thread