Poulan Pro Leaf blower/Vac

Old 10-21-05, 03:45 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Poulan Pro Leaf blower/Vac

Hi,

I have a Poulan Pro leaf blower vac 200 MPH Super with a 25cc 2 cycle engine. year 2003/2004

It starts fine but sputters some at first then idles with very little if any sputter, but at high speed it seems to sputter alot and will not come up to full speed. I think it maybe a fuel/carb problem. Can anyone tell me how I can troubleshoot and/or repair this problem?

Thank You
Grover
*****@********.com

Last edited by mattison; 10-21-05 at 08:54 PM. Reason: No e-mail addresses in the forums please.
Old 10-21-05, 05:54 PM
disassemble and clean the carb. that and make sure the fuel filter in the tank isn't clogged. you could probablly try an adjustment to the carb while its running and hot. to what the limiter caps allow

Old 10-21-05, 06:26 PM
W
Thumbs up

Thanks so MUCH V8,

I'll give that a try. Any idea how to tell if the fuel filter in the tank is clogged?

Grover

Old 10-21-05, 08:45 PM
usually some indication would be if the bulb primer if it has one is slow to pump the gas and pop back up. or inspecting it. the filter should be cheap, is a good measure to replace em once in a while. but it may not be the case.

Old 10-22-05, 06:30 AM
W
Talking

Thanks again V8,

The primer bulb works great. I'll try cleaning the carb 1st, probably needs it anyway. Any idea where I can get a parts breakdown of the carb, so in case I forget where something goes I'll have a reference?

Happy Trails
Grover

Old 10-22-05, 09:34 AM
W
Talking

Hi,

I removed the carb and cleaned it, it looked really clean when I took it apart. I could not adjust the carb because the H & L adjusting screws don't have a slot for a screwdriver just a splined shaft that looks as if it requires a special tool.

The cleaning improved the running but did not completly solve the problem. When it first starts it still sputters some until it has run for a minute or so, then seems to run pretty good at half choke, runs better at half choke thatn it does at no choke until it has run about 10 minutes. Then it will get up to about 75 or 80% full speed with no choke.

We're making progress. Any ideas on what I may be able to use that will fit the carbs adjustment screws, so I can adjust the carb?

Keep Smiling
Grover

Old 10-22-05, 02:39 PM
i beleive those take a special tool. i forget where you can get em, if all else fails, got a dremel?

Old 10-22-05, 02:44 PM
W
Cool

Great thought there V8,

Thanks
Grover

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: